I can't believe it; I go home in 1 week! I am so excited yet at the same time I am kind of sad. There are some people here that I will miss so much like my roommates and my best friends. I hope that the time and the distance won't diminish our friendships. Hopefully, we will stay in contact with each other and when I return we will all still be great friends; but time and distance tend to do funny things. I'm sure everyone has heard "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" but recently I heard a statement that I think rings more true than that, "Distance makes the fond heart wander."
There is this guy that I started falling for near the end of last semester. Really, nothing has happened--maybe nothing will, who knows. All I know is I can't believe it took me so long to realize that what I really want was in front of me the whole time. Maybe I've realized it too late and I missed my chance. Maybe distance will make the the heart grow fonder or maybe it will wander. Maybe by the time I get back he'll have found the love of his life and that'll be it. Maybe this, maybe that... I have to keep telling myself that I can't live my life focusing on"maybes" or "what ifs." I just need to have faith and trust it God's plan for me because as I'm seeing each day, following His plan brings so many blessings and so much happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment